Sunday, August 09, 2009

Experiences from the race!

This year's solar car race was bittersweet for me. I had a great time, but it was my also sad because this was my fourth and final year. I am excited about passing on the solar car spirit to the new team members and I hope they get as much out of their many solar car experiences as I have. You go on a race with somewhat strangers, but always come back as a family. Good luck next year on your way to Colorado!! -Alisha Holder


I have learned many new lessons that will be good for next year and in life. My experience has led me to meeting a lot of new people and making new friends. I will never forget this year and I am very honored to get a chance to come. -Ashley Pounds


Through my personal experiences on this race, I've made friends and memories that will last a lifetime. I have also learned other things that will last like the importance of teamwork and preparation. When I grow old, I will be able to tell people that I built, raced, and won in a solar car around the Texas Motor Speedway. Now who can say that? - Jay Michael Alford


I had a great time racing, and I saw a lot of cars that inspired many new ideas. Even though we won and had a great time, it definitely wasn't easy. We made a lot of mistakes that should have never happened, but overall our team came together and won! I could not be more proud of our team or of our cars. - Thomas Brown



I learned that the race requires a lot of hard work and determination, and not to mention teamwork. I am looking forward to the cross-country to Colorado next year. - Nick Callahan



This trip to the Hunt Oil-Winston Solar Car Challenge was a great experience. I learned a lot about leadership and how to work on the car. Most importantly I learned a lot about how to work together as a team. I am so proud of our win, but the learning experience is best thing. - Allyson Parker


The Hunt Oil-Winston Solar Car Challenge has meant a lot to me. I have really gained a lot from this experience. I realized that winning isn't that important; working as a team, doing your best, and being fair is. I have met a lot of people and this trip has been a blast! -Reagan Byrne



I learned more at the race than I have since I became a member of the team this year. Even though it is a race, driving isn't the only job or the most important. Working as a team is extremely important and necessary for success. I enjoyed meeting members from other teams and appreciated how friendly they were. I had an amazing time at this year's race and can't wait for the cross-country from Dallas to Colorado next year!! -Suzy Reese


This was my first time to go to the race, and it was a great experience! I learned a lot more about the cars than I did before. The guys taught the girls everything that they knew about the classic car which will help us with the all girls team. During the race, my job was mainly safety officer, which was fun except for the blazing hot sun! It was definitely worth it though, and I can't wait to start racing again. - Madison Parker



This experience has been so fantastic! I think I will speak for everyone when I say that I have learned so much. We will take back so many memories from our trip, and I am already looking forward to next year . Even though our Classic car didn't win, we are happy with our second place win and how much we learned. We all worked so hard for what we got! I plan on racing next year and experiencing the same great opportunities!! - Hillary Colbert


The team became really close this week and worked together to achieve one goal. It was a great experience meeting team members from across the country. This experience is something I will never forget, and I plan on coming back next year. Our seniors Zack and Alisha will be missed!! - Karmen Spratlin

No comments: